In order to better protect both our guests and employees in this new environment we find ourselves in as a result of Covid-19,
we have implemented the following policies throughout the property following the recommendations of
the CDC and AHLA Safe Stay initiatives as required by the local governing authorities.
- Temperature checks of all employees will be performed before their start of shift each day.
- As required by the City of Key West's Directive 2020-13 temperature checks will be performed on all guests upon check in utilizing a non contact thermometer.
- Social Distancing practices in all public and back of house areas.
- Sanitizer stations have been provided at several points throughout the property including back of the house areas.
- All hotel associates are required to wear face masks and gloves where appropriate. Guests are encouraged to wear face masks when inside the property in accordance with local and state government directives.
- All rooms are being cleaned in accordance CDC and AHLA guidelines with special attention paid to high-touch surfaces. Remote controls have been sanitized and sealed prior to your use.
- Your Room is Your Room. After being cleaned and sanitized per AHLA guidelines your room will not be entered again before your arrival and will not be entered during your stay unless specifically requested. Stay over service will not be performed unless specifically requested by the registered guest.
- Breakfast service has been modified to reduce in person contact. Your selection of our daily breakfast buffet items will now be served to you at your table.
Some services may be reduced or limited as a result of these required protocols. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding as we work through this together to provide the safest possible environment for your stay.
Additional Information & Policies
- Rooms and rates are double occupancy unless otherwise stated.
- The rate includes a complimentary continental breakfast buffet each morning. Breakfast is served buffet style on our front porch between 8:30 am—10:30 am
- Our rooms are all non-smoking, smoking is permitted in designated outside areas only.
- We welcome well-behaved children over the age of 7 when accompanied by their parents at all times. Fire regulations do not allow more than 2 persons (2 heartbeats) including children in some of our rooms. For this reason, If you are traveling with your children, please call us to ask about which rooms are best suited for more than 2 persons.
- Check-in time is 3:00 pm, check out time is 11:00 am. If the room is ready earlier we will be happy to allow you to check in earlier. We cannot, however, guarantee this. You will be provided with late arrival instructions when you make your reservation.
- Name, address, and valid credit card number are required in order to make reservations. A one night deposit will be charged on reserving. Special deposit policies apply for Fantasy Fest and New Year.
- Our Standard cancellation policy is 7 days prior to arrival. For reservations canceled inside 7 days, a one-night penalty will occur. Cancellation policies for holidays, groups, and special events may be longer.
- A minimum stay of three to five nights may be required for Holidays and Special Events.
- The Avalon is a smaller property and we have found over many years of management that larger groups meeting collectively on the property, whether for breakfast or in the evening, congregating in our limited space changes the dynamic accessibility of services and ambiance we strive to provide for all our guests. We, therefore, limit reservations to 4 rooms maximum, 2 guests per room in order to maintain the romantic atmosphere our guests have come to expect. This applies to bookings reserved directly, through our website or through any third-party booking service. Our property is strictly reserved for registered guests only. Attempting to circumvent our group booking policy may result in cancellation of your reservation.
- We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, and cash.
- The Avalon does not provide onsite parking.
- Parking in Key West, especially in Old Town is limited and can be expensive. Due to our excellent Duval Street location, a car is not necessary while you are here. If you are able to turn in your rental car for the days that you are staying on Key West, renting it just One-Way, it may save you money.
- Should you wish the convenience of parking on Duval Street, there is metered parking and the cost is presently $4.00 per hour 8:00 am to Midnight. Free from Midnight until 8:00 am. Some city side streets offer free parking however this is limited and cannot be guaranteed. Overnight parking is offered in our City Parking Facilities. Here is a link for additional information. City Parking Information
- Whatever parking arrangements you should choose, there is a loading zone directly in front of the property for check-in and the unloading of your luggage.